Thursday, July 31, 2008

July Decisions

Good morning, coexisters,

As you know we had two meetings this month to reorganize. On July 16th, three of us (the old reliables) met and decided to read Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, and Love for our meeting on August 2oth at the Greenlife Grocery balcony. We will meet at 6:30 p.m. to discuss the book. We decided to meet the third Wednesday of each month for a book discussion. I have several recommendations from that meeting for future books but would like more before I put out a list for the next six months.

Last night, two oldies and one newbie met and had a good talk. Two book recommendations came from this meeting, one about our founding fathers and how the concept of separation of church and state came about. I am very interesting, as you know, about this subject, so expect that book to be on the list for September or October. : )

I am designating the 2nd Wednesday of the month for discussion of spiritual/religious issues and the 3rd Wednesday for book discussions. If you send me ideas to discuss as well as books to discuss, I will put out a schedule for both within the next three or four days.

I want to update my mailing list, so please send me email if you want to continue to receive my email or if you want to be removed from my list.

I am anxious to hear from each of you.
Peace,
Donna

No comments: